Polish Pickup: Birthstones, Gems, & Minerals (January 2021)

 Hello loves! Welcome to my January 2021 PPU purchase post. This month was a smaller month for me - I tried really hard to limit my spending and managed to get my buy list down to only 3 polishes. So without further ado, let's get to my swatches + some nail art!

Descriptions of polishes were taken from their official descriptions during the PPU shopping period. Polishes are listed in alphabetical order by brand. 

P.S. The quality of my photos seem to go down when embedded in the blog post - for clearer pictures, click on the picture itself! The quality goes up.

January 2021 PPU collage

KBShimmer - Rose Glow

Rose Glow is described as a polish with small and micro holographic glitters in the shade of pale pink, warm rose, soft blush with additions of gold. This was a microglitter polish, but the formula was really easy to work with and the layers also settled nicely. The polish had pretty good opacity - I was able to get my nail line hidden in 3 coats, and the polish didn't feel too thick either. I think I was a little bit disappointed with how the colors in the polish played with my skin tone, since I typically really love these types of colors, but I think this particular shade didn't flatter me too much. That aside, the polish itself is very stunning and softly elegant!

Shown is three coats with glossy top coat.

KBShimmer - Rose GlowKBShimmer - Rose Glow with bottleKBShimmer - Rose Glow macro

Pahlish - Keshi

Next up is Keshi by Pahlish, or a soft violet lavender with a heavy dose of glowing copper shimmer. This polish was stunning - I typically don't go for this type of finish (although, now that I have this polish I'm not sure why), but I'm so glad I grabbed this one. The formula was quite easy to work with - jelly-like and smooth, with pretty good self-leveling properties. The soft glow on the polish was also stunning - it definitely looks better in person than on camera, and the glow also leans warm.

Shown is two coats with glossy top coat. Excuse the macro - the color is reflected well, but my camera had trouble focusing.

Included is a nail art look where I added gold foil flakes to add more glow - I was going for a slightly slanted line of flakes on each nail, but the flakes didn't photograph that well either. I promise, it was a pretty and elegant look in person!

Pahlish - KeshiPahlish - Keshi with bottlePahlish - Keshi macro

Pahlish - Keshi nail artPahlish - Keshi nail art macro

Polished for Days - Opalescence

Last up is Opalescence, or a smokey grey base packed with rainbow iridescent flakes and holographic flakes and micro holographic flakes. This polish - oh my gosh! It's so incredibly stunning and glittery in person, and I really could not stop staring at my nails when I had it on. The flakes are a gorgeous rainbow, and the neutral charcoal base really contrasts the smattering of colors on top perfectly. Overall, I would say the flakes lean colder rather than warmer, but it does strike a balance between colors.

Because this is a flakie polish instead of a glitter polish, the texture also isn't too rough, and the flakes easily lie flat. Application was also simple - the layers built up well, and going to three coats really deepens the polish's effect. 

Shown is three coats with glossy top coat.

Polished for Days - OpalescencePolished for Days - Opalescence with bottlePolished for Days - Opalescence with bottle


What was your favorite January 2021 PPU polish? Let me know, and thanks for reading!

XOXO,

Lauren

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polished for Days: Sweater Weather Collection

KBShimmer: Enchanted Forest Collection

Charity Box Collab: Art Glass for Autism (April)